Fire Safety Awareness: Fire Wardens Course
The law requires all businesses to prepare an Emergency Plan that shows how the workplace will be evacuated in the event of a fire outbreak. All staff must be familiar with the plan and understand what to do in the case of a fire.. This course aims to inform Fire Wardens and staff their responsibilities in running a fire drill effectively and understand the fire safety systems available including the use of fire extinguisher safely.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has been nominated as a Fire Warden within their workplace.
On completion of this programme participants will be able to:
- List their duties as fire wardens
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Use portable fire extinguishers effectively
- Manage and participate safely in evacuations
- Describe the systems used to detect and protect against fire
- Monitor fire controls
- Assist in the management of evacuation procedures/drills
A practical demonstration of fire extinguishers can be incorporated into this course by prior arrangement., this requires a wide-open outdoor space where a practical demonstration can take place safely.
SQS Certificate of Attendance.
Duration: 3 hours
Cost: €400 for up to 15 candidates